One of our favorite fall vegetables is in season! Butternut Squash is a delicious and nutrient packed vegetable that can be roasted, added to a salad, or made into a tasty fall soup to keep you warm.
Recipe created by Strawberry Lane Photography
- 6 cups of cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of pepper
Tip: If you prefer a thinner soup, you can add one more cup of broth.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash on the sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a large soup pot add butter, heat, then add carrots, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Next, add the butternut squash and cinnamon. Stir until you can smell the cinnamon and it makes you want to dance.
- Add broth to the pot, then heavy cream and bring to a boil to ensure everything is heated thoroughly.
- Blend the soup well with an immersion blender then add in sour cream and blend again.
- You are ready to serve. Drizzle 1/4 cup sour cream/ 1/8 cup of heavy cream mixture, and pumpkin seeds to garnish.