Farm fresh eggs can be used any time of the day, but there's nothing quite like a delicious egg breakfast that includes fresh produce, protein, and cheese. This recipe, created by Ready set Dinner, combines all the things you love about breakfast in one dish.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4.9 oz American cheese
- 10 eggs
- 2 dash ground nutmeg
- 2.8 oz ham
- 5.4 fl oz milk
- 1 3/4 (7.1 oz) onions
- 2 dash pepper
- 2 1/4 (9.9 oz) red bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dice onions, bell peppers, cheese, and ham.
- Put eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, into a bowl or measuring cup and whisk well until eggs are well beaten and combined with milk.
- Heat oil in a pan (that has a lid) over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onions, sauté for 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- Add bell peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add ham and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes to slightly brown the ham.
- Turn heat down to low-medium, add the cheese, mix well and distribute the mixture evenly over the floor of the pan.
- Shortly whisk the egg mixture again and pour it into the pan, so that it covers the veggies, ham, and cheese. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on low-medium heat for about 15 minutes until the bottom is browned and the egg is cooked.
- You can serve the frittata with a piece of bread, some salad, or eat it on its own. Sprinkle with fresh pepper, if desired
Ready set Dinner creates customized weekly recipe collections and writes your shopping list at the click of a button. If you're tired of the constant dinner hassle, sign up for free.