What's better than a family recipe passed down for generations? This recipe was created by grandma Busch and was often enjoyed by the family while watching baseball games. We hope you enjoy it as much as our family does!
Directions (for one pint of strawberries):
1. Rinse strawberries.
2. Slice strawberries and place into bowl with one tablespoon of sugar, add sugar to taste.
3. Mix and mash strawberries, add a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cold water, mix. Place in refrigerator.
4. In a bowl mix 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of shortening, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of warm water, just enough water to make dough. Mix in salt to taste.
5. Roll dough to about 1/4 thick.
6. Place in oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until starting to brown.
7. Break crust into serving bowl and pour strawberries into bowl, add whipped cream if you prefer, and enjoy!